Getting to Bendigo from Melbourne airport is an easy 90 minute drive along the Calder Freeway. The distance from Melbourne to Bendigo is 147km.
Driving to Bendigo by road is easy as it is situated at the junction of the Calder Highway, McIvor Highway, Midland Highway and Loddon Valley Highway, making it very accessible. There are also excellent connections to other interstate highways nearby.
- Melbourne to Bendigo: For visitors travelling from Melbourne, Bendigo is a comfortable 90 minute drive along recently completed four lane divided Calder Freeway (A79)
- Melbourne Airport to Bendigo: If driving from Melbourne's Tullamarine airport, follow the Sunbury signage on to the Calder Freeway to Bendigo
- Sydney to Bendigo: From Sydney take the Hume Highway (31)
- Mildura to Bendigo: From Mildura take the Calder Highway (A79)
- Horsham to Bendigo: From Horsham take the Wimmera Highway (B240)
- Echuca and Central NSW to Bendigo: From Central NSW take the Midland Highway (A300) via Echuca
Travel times and distances to Bendigo from Melbourne and major centres are below:
|Bendigo Road Travel Times||Distance to Bendigo||Time by Car|
|Bendigo to Melbourne||147km||90 mins|
|Bendigo to Castlemaine||38km||30 mins|
|Bendigo to Daylesford||77km||60 mins|
|Bendigo to Ballarat||122km||90 mins|
|Bendigo to Echuca||92km||70 mins|
|Bendigo to Tullamarine Airport||143km||95 mins|
With reduced fares and increased services, it’s easy to catch the train to Bendigo - the express service is just over 90 minutes from Melbourne Southern Cross Station. For Bendigo train timetables, fares, maps and travel information, please visit www.vline.com.au or phone V/Line on 1800 900 007.
The Bendigo train station is just a few minutes walk from the city centre and Bendigo Tramways' Charing Cross tram stop.
There are buses available from the train station. Please click here to access the timetables. Like in Melbourne, your V/Line ticket gets you free local Bus travel. Buses depart from the Bendigo Station for the CBD and then on to connecting services to surrounding suburbs. Please keep in mind that your Myki tickets are NOT VALID for the Bendigo Tramways Vintage Talking Tram Tour.
By Airport Shuttle
Bendigo Airport Services operates the Bendigo shuttle bus to Melbourne Airport offering several services per day, stopping at Kangaroo Flat, Castlemaine, Chewton, Malmsbury, Kyneton, Woodend and Gisborne en route.
Please click here for the timetable or to book.
Bendigo Airport is located just four kilometres from the centre of Bendigo’s thriving commercial and tourist precincts and is operated by the City of Greater Bendigo.
Commercial and business jet charter services operate from the airport connecting you regionally and interstate, whether for business, pleasure or catching up with family and friends. No regular scheduled flights currently run to or from Bendigo Airport.
For a full listing of business and air services please visit Bendigo Airport.